One of my goals in this second iteration of the blog is to have a little more of a regular schedule; to that end my plan is to do reviews Monday through Friday, and devote weekends to ads and other ancillary material.Now I'll admit this ad really doesn't have much to do with the b/w magazine format, except that I've only ever seen it in one(a Savage Sword of Conan), never in a color comic, and it was simply too much fun to pass up.
Appearances can be deceiving of course, but judging by this ad this looks like The Most Awesome Comic Con Ever--an appearance by Spider-Man, art lessons by John Buscema, writing lessons by Roy Thomas, free kung fu exhibitions??
And on top of that, if you need more info on it you get to correspond with Vince Colletta!! Not too intimidating, no?
2 comments:
"...judging by this ad this looks like The Most Awesome Comic Con Ever..."
I couldn't say one way or the other with 100% certainty. But it was probably the most awesome one I ever attended. I think I missed the writing lesson from Roy Thomas, though I got to meet him and Steve Gerber (!!!) and I do remember seeing one of the art lessons by Buscema. And probably a kung fu exhibition or two. So it was pretty much just as advertised.
you lucky SOB!!!
Post a Comment