Saturday, October 24, 2009

Welcome Back!

sg
Welcome back to what I call All in Black & White for 75 Cents 2.0!

I've made a few technical improvements, changed the header, and made some other improvements to the blog since the last time I did a week of new posts. I've been wanting to do another new week for a little while, and wanted to find the right time.

Then I realized since so many of the mags I discuss here are horror mags, I thought why not in the week leading up to Halloween? So even though we won't be discussing just horror mags this week, this seemed like as good a time as any.

You're probably wondering what that the "Sponsored by Angelique Trouvere" means. Well, ever since I interviewed Angee for the blog back in 2007, we've stayed in contact and become friends. Angee's every bit as sweet as she is beautiful, and its been great being her friend. No way would you have been able to convince the teenage me, who all but drooled over the various photos of Angee as Vampirella or Red Sonja than ran in various Warren mags, that I would someday be friends with her.
sg
sg
I wanted to do something really special for this week of new posts, so with the help of Angee I devised a little contest. Starting tomorrow and continuing every day up til and including Halloween, I'll be talking about some magazine, preferably black and white and a little musty. Along with the write-up, I'll be posting an 8x10, autographed glossy of Angee, dressed in one of her amazing homemade costumes.

All you, dear reader, has to do to win one of these photos is leave a comment--that's it. At the end of each day, I'll go through them all and randomly pick one commenter and will award them the autographed pic! That means anyone who leaves a comment will have seven chances to win! Multiple entries are a-okay!

Winners will be announced on a special wrap-up post on Sunday, Nov. 1st.

If this seems like a transparent attempt just to rack up comments...it is. For some reason, of all my blogs, this one always has had the greatest disparity between the number of people who read it, and the number who leave a comment. So if winning a pic of the gorgeous Ms. Trouvere dressed as Vampirella won't get you to leave a note, then nothing will!

So be back here tomorrow, where we'll kick off the week looking at a magazine we've never covered before!


3 comments:

morganmorgan said...

Long time reader, first time commenter. Love the blog Rob and all the work, love and attention to detail you put in it. Keep up the awesomeness!

Luis said...

I've commented on several of the entries in the past since I'm a big fan BW mags. As for Ms. Trouvere, it was in this very blog that I discovered her! Great blog.

Joe Jusko said...

SO great to see you back, Rob! You're filling the void, my friend! And say "Hi!" to Angee!