
When arranging with Angelique to get the 8x10 glossies of her, she mentioned she had a couple copies of the original, 1972 poster available for sale. Since I was busy getting stuff for other people, I decided to treat myself to the poster, an item I always wanted as a kid but didn't have the money (or the guts) to buy at the time.
So along with all the glossies, the poster came in the mail:

Angee also signed the poster to me, and added a little something special that sends a bolt of lightning straight to the ten-year-old still living inside me, somewhere in the back of my head:

...hotcha! A kiss from Vampi herself!
To say this is a beloved part of my collection is an understatement. I can't wait to get this thing framed!
(Angee wants me to let you know that she has a couple other copies of the poster--which is the original 1972 edition, not one of the later reprints--as well as more of the 8x10 glossies, available for sale. Email me if you're interested and I'll get you in touch with the charming Ms. Trouvere!)
Speaking of glossies, here are the winners of the seven giveaways from the week:
Sunday 10/25 - "Bronze Tiger"
Monday 10/26 - Mike Mitchell
Tuesday 10/27 - Rob Tullo
Wednesday 10/28 - "Plaid Stallions"
Thursday 10/29 - "Neal"
Friday 10/30 - "Luis"
Saturday 10/31 - Mike Mitchell
...winners were chosen at random, so I hope you all had fun giving it a shot. If you are one of the winners, please email me with your address so I can mail you your autographed Angelique portrait!
To say this is a beloved part of my collection is an understatement. I can't wait to get this thing framed!
(Angee wants me to let you know that she has a couple other copies of the poster--which is the original 1972 edition, not one of the later reprints--as well as more of the 8x10 glossies, available for sale. Email me if you're interested and I'll get you in touch with the charming Ms. Trouvere!)
Speaking of glossies, here are the winners of the seven giveaways from the week:







...winners were chosen at random, so I hope you all had fun giving it a shot. If you are one of the winners, please email me with your address so I can mail you your autographed Angelique portrait!
While this week of posts was a lot of work to put together, it was also a lot of fun, and I always enjoy bringing this blog out of metaphorical mothballs to talk about a new(well, old) batch of b/w mags. Thanks to everyone who checked out what I was doing, and rest assured that All in Black & White For 75 Cents will be back again soon!
6 comments:
Oh, Rob, don't stop now! All in Black... is one of my favorite blogs!
Thanks for a terrific week of posts, and it's great seeing Angelique again!
I won something! I never win anything!
Thanks for the great week Rob, this blog has made make a lot of needless purchases in the past few months, I'd love to review some of it should you ever bring it back.
Thanks Rob!
Sent my snail mail to your email.
Great!!
Thanks again
Christopher Chance
(Bronzetiger)
Yes, I remember the ad for this poster very well. It is THE most iconic image of Vampirella ever. Nobody drew her better than José González (RIP).
Rob, I'm gutted that I missed out on a chance of the Angelique photos! I hadn't checked the blog in a while, too busy looking for treasury ads! Vintage b+w mags are my other main interest in the comic world, having a huge collection of Warren, Skywald, Savage Sword, Heavy Metal, Marvel horror titles, etc etc, so I'll spend some time going through older posts, looking for more ideas to take up space in the house! Warren.
Hi, I did a longish interview with Angelique also, it's posted at www.enjolrasworld.com where I've also done numerous checklists for the B&W magazines, featuring complete credits, commentaries on each issue, and dozens of in-depth interviews with the writers, artists, editors & publishers who put out those magazines. I've covered all Warren, Skywald, Web Of Horror, Marvel horror, Eclipse, Warrior, Negative Burn, and about a hundred more. I think folks reading this blog would like to see those checklists (for instance, CGDB used my checklists to complete their Warren & Skywald credits). Go to www.enjolrasworld.com then Richard's pages. Enjoy!
Post a Comment