Monday, December 06, 2010

Pizzazz #1 - Marvel

sg
Oct. 1977 - Fun filled first issue!

I am now officially on the Pizzazz bandwagon, which means I'm trying to buy up every issue (as cheaply as possible) just so I can follow the serializes Tarzan and Star Wars strips, which I find utterly charming.

But of course there's more than just that crammed into each and every issue of the mag; as he cover indicates, this inaugural release kicks off with an article about Star Wars, a mini-game called "Monster Trek", a short piece of fiction called "Time Machine", as well as some Marvel character-starring puzzles and games, like these:
sg
sg
...look how sad Silver Surfer looks! Breaks your heart.

There's an article on KISS, a wall calendar, then this way-cool article on magic, starring Dr. Strange what was probably a very lonely kid:
sg
There's some more humor material, plus something called "Literary Landscapes" (featuring the settings of famous books, and you have to name the books). Then we get to the really good stuff:
sg
sg
This issue wraps up with some gag strip material, "Cars of the Stars" (featuring such of-the-moment faces like The Fonz, Kojak, Cher, and The Bionic Woman), ending with a Pizzazz iron-on that says "I've got Pizzazz."

As a great man liked to say, 'Nuff Said!


No comments: