
I got the first issue of this new magazine, Stay Tooned!, which is all about the lives of professional cartoonists. Its creator, John Read, says he wants the magazine to "advance the knowledge of the craft of cartooning", a laudable enough goal to get me interested.
As anyone who reads this blog knows, I'm a fan of magazines--I just love the format, and I wish there were more of them about and/or featuring comic-related material. I bought/buy both iterations of Comic Book Artist, subscribe to Illustration magazine, and I love TwoMorrows' Back Issue! so much I started writing for it.
So while John has a real uphill climb here, starting a new magazine all about artists and their lives, I'm glad he's giving it a shot. I found the magazine breezily written and fast moving, and covers a wide variety of topics within the magazine's framework. And even though I wasn't familiar with most of the artists profiled, I still enjoyed it.
So anyone interested in this kind of magazine, head on over to Stay Tooned!'s site, where you can learn more about the mag and even subscribe.
/end plugging
4 comments:
Just found your blog through plaid stallions... love it! Some of my most vivid and treasured memories of childhood was pouring over issues of MAD, Cracked and Crazy.
Cheers to you for keeping their glory days alive!
gilligan-
thanks for stopping by!
speaking of cracked, keep your eyes peeled for a cracked post in the next few days!
good nod I'll have to check it out
btw, what articles did you write for back issue?
they're all upcoming, but i wrote a piece about the Mego Teen Titans for BI's "Teen Heroes" issue (#32, i think) and i'm working on two more articles for upcoming issues.
plus, i wrote a piece for Top Shelf's Comic Book Artist, but i have no idea when that's coming out.
Post a Comment