Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crazy #77 - Marvel

sg
Aug. 1981 - "The magazine that dares to be dumb!"

Yes, we're back with another issue of Crazy. Two issues of the same magazine in one week? Yes, and all I can say is trust me; I have a method to my madness.

This issue opens with the movie parody "Peepeye" by Paul Kupperberg and Bob Camp:
sg
...in many ways, I enjoyed this more than the actual movie. But I digress.

Kovacs is back with another one-page gag strip, followed by another adventure starring Teen Hulk:
sg

Following that is another fumetti segment, starring...Neal Adams?!?:
sg
...yes, this fumetti section features the legendary Mr. Adams, and his family, in a goofy little adventure.

After that is "Mother Goose's Rejected Nursery Rhymes", "New Inventions of Modern Science", "Crazy Looks At The Drive-In Movie" (also written by Paul Kupperberg), and "The Kinetic Kids" by Steve Mellor.

Howard the Duck makes another appearance, by Steve Skeates and Pat Broderick:
sg
Following that is another installment with Obnoxio the Clown, "The Eleventh Hour Special" (goofs on current musicians like Queen and Elvis Costello, told entirely in rhyme), and then a final parody, "The Love Bore", by Murad Gumen and Kent Gamble.

On the inside cover, Mike Carlin gives up his patented "Page O' Stuff":
sg
Not quite as solid an issue as the one talked about earlier in the week, but still not bad. I'm struck by the general diversity of material found in any given issue of Crazy, and that is definitely on display here.


No comments: