
Ah, Mad magazine--I wish I could quit you.
Actually, I don't. I love finding an old, cheap issue of Mad on eBay and exploring the treasures I find inside. Like Conan stories, you know what you're going to get, you just don't know the exact proportions. And that's kind of comforting sometimes.
This issue's first parody is of The Heartbreak Kid, called "The Heartburn Kid", drawn by the incomparable Mort Drucker:



Then there's another installment of "Spy Vs. Spy", "The Lighter Side of...Crime in the Streets", more Don Martin, then "Magazines for Neglected Sports", drawn by the master, Jack Davis:

Following this, there's "Old Standards Rewritten For The Liberated Woman", then "Mad's Summer Camp Owner of the Year", drawn by one of my favorites, Paul Coker:

There's more Don Martin, "A Mad City Street Scene We'd Like To See", followed by one more parody, drawn by Angelo Torres:

On the inside cover there's, of course, The Mad Fold-In, and the whole thing is topped off with this timely back cover gag:

No comments:
Post a Comment