Hello everyone who may (most likely may not) be reading this! Ever since I created my old blog (simply called namtab), some of my favorite posts where when I highlighted various old black-and-white comic magazines from the 60s to the 80s. I'm a huge fan of old-timey mags like Creepy, Eerie, Savage Tales, Savage Sword of Conan, Dracula Lives!, not to mention classic humor ones like Mad and Cracked.
Ever since the release of IDW Publishing's Doomed magazine--a modern horror mag/classic-throwback-hybrid if there ever was one--I've gotten even more excited about the format and maybe, just maybe, thinking it might be on its way to making a comeback.
So instead of continuing on with my namtab blog, which I found hard to keep fresh, I decided to end that one and start this one, exclusively devoted to the black-and-whites. To start off I'll be posting the half-dozen mags already profiled; after that I hope to regularly have a new old one to talk about!
So for all you fans of the classic comic-book-magazine, I hope you enjoy my little effort and please feel free to comment when something strikes your fancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment