Monday, March 10, 2008

Planet of the Apes Ad - Marvel

sg
I'm hip-deep in projects this week, so I decided this was the perfect time to do an oft-planned week of Marvel magazine ads.

As good or bad as Marvel's general output was, their sense of showmanship was second to none, and the ads they ran in their b/w magazines made you need--not just want--their publications.

It occurs to me I haven't talked about Marvel's POTA magazine very much, I'll have to rectify that soon.

2 comments:

Plaidstallions said...

In the eighties I had a complete run of these as they clogged most comic stores dollar bins. Marvel probably could have just phoned in an apes book but they did an exceptional job instead.

Anonymous said...

When I was young a long time ago it was the Marvel BW Planet of the Apes magazine that made me fall in love with these comics even untill this day. I found the stories and espacially the drawings fascinating and they triggered my imagination not to speak of fear the often put into my mind! Loved them! Thanks for a great blog! It's always a new discovery!
www.marisa-mell.blogspot.com