Monday, November 12, 2007

Spider-Man Magazine #3 - Marvel

sgWhat a wonderful surprise awaited me this week when I went comic shopping--a third issue of Spider-Man Magazine!

I was so happy when I came across a second installment of this magazine, and assumed that since it featured Spider-Man and FF reprints, that Marvel was tying each issue into a movie. If I was right, I figured there'd eventually be Iron Man and Hulk volumes, eventually.

Well, I was right about that, since here's Iron Man--although why this is about a full half-year before the movie, I don't know. In any case, I snapped it up as soon as I saw it.

Like the previous issues, this features comic stories, puzzles, games, pin-ups, and other fun stuff like they used to do in comics all the time. It's a perfect magazine for young kids, and I've been buying multiple copies of each issue to give them out to every kid I know.

This volume includes:
"Breaking Up is Venmous to Do!" by Fred Van Lente and Cory Hamscher(from Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man)
"Heart of Steel" by Van Lente, James Cordeiro, and Scott Koblish(from Marvel Adventures: Iron Man)
an Iron Man poster
a Super Hero Word Search
"Mini-Marvels" by Chris Giarrusso
"The Leader Has A Big Head" by Jeff Parker, Manuel Garcia, and Koblish(from Marvel Adventures: The Avengers)
coloring pages
a Spider-Man text story by David Michelinie
a history of Iron Man ala The Handbook to the Marvel Universe
...plus more!

The fact that there's been three of these so far suggests to me they must sell fairly well, or at least well enough to keep doing them. And as long as Marvel does them, I'll be buying them!

1 comment:

Eric Noble said...

I never liked Iron Man all that much. He was never that interesting to me. Also, his role in "Civil War" ruined him for me.