Friday, November 02, 2007

Tommy Movie Adaptation Ad - Marvel

sgSometimes you can still find amazing stuff in these old magazines--Marvel did an adaptation of Tommy? What?!? Didn't they learn their lesson from their KISS and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band comics? I have got to go find this book!

(Pause)

...ok, just checked on ebay and the only copy I could find was selling for sixty-two dollars, a bit steep for me right now.

But at some point I simply have got to get my hands on this thing.

Man, comics in the seventies were awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The next best thing to having a personal copy of the film yourself". Wow, how times have changed.

I can't see the Marvel of today putting out a comic/magazine about "Hairspray", can you?

Chris

Anonymous said...

Love your blog but you are forgetting that Tommy was 1975 and the KISS magazines came out in 1976 and 1978. Also, for a bit, KISS no 1 was one of Marvel's largest sellers. Yes, I am a KISS fan :)

rob! said...

anon-

i realize i was being a bit harsh on Kiss, and yeah, my timelines were all messed up anyway. i mostly just being silly. :)