
Like I've said before, it actually does a bit of disservice to try and explain these Conan adventures, especially the ones by the team of Roy Thomas and John Buscema (the Scorsese/DeNiro of Conan comics). Sure, they're formulaic, but that's part of the fun.
So instead of a tedious breakdown of the plot, I present mostly without comment some of finest moments in this issue, courtesy "Big" John Buscema and Tony DeZuniga:

Discussion Question: Who is more blindly optimistic, the random swordsman who thinks he'll be the one to kill Conan, or your standard Joe Henchman who signs up with the Joker thinking the Clown Prince of Crime won't kill him in a random act of pique?
Ok, anyway, back to Conan:
Ok, anyway, back to Conan:









...every issue should end with Conan patting a girl on the behind. There, I said it.
Not only is this issue a classic of Conan-style debauchery, but it features this ad for the next issue:
Not only is this issue a classic of Conan-style debauchery, but it features this ad for the next issue:

Conan...drawn by Gene Colan?!? Off to eBay!
6 comments:
Ah, good memories! Thanks again!
craig-
thanks! for a while, i shied away from further SSOC posts because writing the summaries got so tedious to write...and to read, i thought.
then i realized, hey, this is MY blog, i can do what i want! why not just post the stuff that's the most memorable, the beautiful Buscema art? so instead of descriptions, we get MORE AND MORE ART!
Crom!
Whoa! Is that a naked girl in that panel? I don't recall there being any nudity in Savage Sword, and I have a few issues myself.
yeah, luis, im with you. i dont ever recall seeing actual nipples in SSoC before.
and rob nice random placement of panels up there. in one you see conan meanaced by a monster, in the next a black maned head rolling down a hill. for a moment i thought the beastie had decapitated our hero.
keep up the good work. this is one of my favourite sites.
keny from prague
Great New memories! I just read the Dark Horse collection with this story
I love this savage Stuff
there was some nudity in savage sword...earlier issues..and gene colon co plotted the tale...don't think he ever drew conan..but i could be wrong.
crom has spoken
Post a Comment