Saturday, October 13, 2007

Creepy Crawley Castle Game Ad - Warren

sgThis is an ad(click here to supersize) for what looks like a super-fun board game designed by the Warren gang(or so they claim), featuring lots of cool Warren artwork right on the board!

While they did run this on the inside covers of Creepy #50, I've always wanted to find this version, sans staples on better paper stock. But it remains one of the few items I have not yet been able to find on ebay.

But boy, do I want it.

4 comments:

Plaidstallions said...

Oh that's hilarious, all those monsters in the ad are just figures traced over the cover of "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth..

rob! said...

yknow, i wondered why they were all in the exact same position...

"never draw what you can copy, never copy what you can trace, never trace what you cut cout-out and paste down." - wally wood

MDG14450 said...

I was always surprised that Warren made these games... I thought the readership would've skewed a little old for them. Even more surprising that they printed them on the inside covers during the early stages of the "seal it in a plastic bag" age of collecting.

Anonymous said...

>"never draw what you can copy, never copy what you can trace, never trace what you cut cout-out and paste down." - wally wood<

"...but above all, make sure she's got great T & A!"

Hail Woody!