Sunday, February 03, 2008

Dark Horse is Creepy!

sg
I found this blurb in the newest Comic Shop News, giving further details on how Dark Horse's Warren reprints will look.

While I'm glad that the Creepy Archives will be in magazine size(yes!), at 232 pages, and hardcover, that's gonna make for one pricey volume.

Also, admittedly, not every story in Creepy and Eerie(even the early ones) were classics; that was ok because the magazines were like thirty-five, fifty cents and there was always the next story. But how will these stories read to anyone reading them for the first time if the book set them back, like, fifty bucks?

Also--and I'm pretty sure this ain't gonna happen, but I'd love it if these Warren reprints ran the Captain Company ads, too.

5 comments:

Damian said...

This is definitely something I'm going to pick up.

And you're right, the ads would be a fantastic addition, but surely not included.

MDG14450 said...

"Also, admittedly, not every story in Creepy and Eerie(even the early ones) were classics; that was ok because the magazines were like thirty-five, fifty cents and there was always the next story. But how will these stories read to anyone reading them for the first time if the book set them back, like, fifty bucks?"

Well, a lot of people have been buying $50 hardcovers of gold- and silver-age comics, and I think these stories are a lot more readable.

rob! said...

that's very true, but i think those DC and Marvels have strong characters that help drive sales--with an anthology book, you don't.

but yeah, Dark Horse wouldnt be doing these if they didnt think there was a market! i'll buy at least the first volume to test 'em out.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS GOOD NEWS. Hope they are succsesful so when the get to the early 70s stuff,like vampi,eerie,creepy stuff that I love the best, plus they better print the covers! dammit!

Eric Noble said...

AWESOME!! I am glad to see this finally happening. Hey, do you know if Jack Davis illustrated a story in any of the magazines?