Winter 1994 - I gobbled up almost the entire run of this magazine once I saw how cool they were; luckily they can be obtained pretty cheaply!There's the regular "Daily Planet" feature, about Superman returning from the dead, followed by "Superman vs. The Mechanical Monsters", by Roger Stern, Mike Parobeck, and Rick Burchett, who hit the exact right tone of fun adventure. Parobeck especially was the exact right artist for this kind of material, and its nice to see his work here a little larger and on nicer paper.
There's an article on the new movie Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, featuring stills and a super-cool pin-up:

There's a puzzle page called "Riddle Me This" and then the second comic feature this time stars that Tiny Titan, The Atom!:

In addition to these fun "Hero File" pages, the Atom stars in "The Big Sting!" by Tom "Tennessee" Peyer, Parobeck, and Burchett.
The issue wraps up with another puzzle page, a find-the-clues game called "Catch A Thief!", and then a profile on then-Batman editor Denny O'Neil. Another really fun issue, perfect for kids and a great way to introduce young readers to the DCU.
I know this week the blog has been all over the place, but that's because I wanted a nice contrast to next week, where I'll be profiling five different issues from one magazine all week, a publication that has not yet shown up here! Be here, it'll be fun!
The issue wraps up with another puzzle page, a find-the-clues game called "Catch A Thief!", and then a profile on then-Batman editor Denny O'Neil. Another really fun issue, perfect for kids and a great way to introduce young readers to the DCU.
I know this week the blog has been all over the place, but that's because I wanted a nice contrast to next week, where I'll be profiling five different issues from one magazine all week, a publication that has not yet shown up here! Be here, it'll be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment